We have undertaken a range of projects and other work for a number of clients including:
- The specification, development and launch of the range of open-architecture,
multi-asset trusts that wrap around Fidelity International's FundsNetwork
investment platform, the development of marketing and support
material, recommendations for the development of the required internal
systems to support the administration and marketing of the trusts
and the training of internal and sales staff. Trusts developed included
bare & discretionary gift trusts, bare and discretionary loan trusts,
a discretionary will trust and bare and discretionary discounted gift
- The specification, development and launch of bare and discretionary
discounted gift trusts and accompanying marketing material for The
Prudential Assurance Company Limited and Prudential International
Assurance plc. These trusts were developed so to allow investment
across a range of onshore and/ or offshore investment bonds. The roll-out
of these trusts was accompanied by a bespoke training and testing
package for Prudential's broker sales and support staff covering general
UK taxation and the taxation of investments and trusts. Other work
performed for Prudential included an analysis of internal technical
resource and a refresh of the Prudence Inheritance Bond, including updated
- Provision of investment and technical consultancy services to The
Kilminster Practice Ltd.
- Development and presentation of a number of 2-hour investment and financial planning based
case studies for the Personal Finance Society.
- Authored Fact Files on "Recent Developments in Investment Product Design" and "Behavioural
Finance" for the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Provision of consultancy services to HSBC Bank plc for its trusts and probates
- Overview of Structured Deposit Accounts and provision of marketing advice
for the Newcastle Building Society.
- Various projects and assignments with Technical Connection Limited
including technical & tax training for an IFA client, production of targeted
training material for a major bank, project management of regular
production of material for the Personal Finance Society's Faculties and the
drafting of several other technical papers and articles covering a range of
topical technical subjects.
- Design, specification and development of software systems taking an innovative approach to
financial planning and advice.
- Drafting of training modules on Investment Taxation (covering Western Europe) and
Mutual Funds and their Investment Objectives for a major High Street banking group.
- Development of the e-learning programme for the Institute of Financial Planning's
Certified Financial Planner qualification.
- Specification and development of a new qualification, the Certificate in Paraplanning, for the
Institute of Financial Planning, including e-learning packages and other material.
- Development and presentation of training modules on trusts, review and updating of trust forms and
drafting Guide to Trusts for National Friendly.
- Head of Technical and provision of technical support, marketing, training and mentoring services to Fiscal Engineers.
- Associate with Bluerock Consulting.
- Development of technical sales aids and related marketing material for Alico.
- Member of various Financial Services Skills Council's Working Groups including Developing National
Occupational Standards for Providing Financial Advice and Financial Planning, RDR Working Group and
Generic Financial Advice.
- Development and presentation of specifically tailored training modules to various IFAs and financial
- Design, development and presentation of targetted training programmes to IFAs for the Old Mutual Asset
Managers Limited Academy
- Subject matter expert for the design and development of MoneyVista, Royal London's direct to consumer
financial planning website, and providing responses for the 'Ask the Expert' service.
- Expert review of the Money Advice Service's pension automatic enrolment service.
- Speaker at numerous conferences and seminars.
- Contributor to the Q&A Tax columns in New Model Adviser.
- Nick is a senior assessor for the internationally recognised
Certified Financial Planner (CFP) qualification administered in the
UK by the Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) and the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment
(CISI). He was also senior examiner for the Fellowship of the Institute of Financial Planning (IFP),
senior examiner for the IFP's Certificate in Paraplanning and Diploma in Financial Planning,
a member of the IFP's working parties reforming continuing professional development and assessment standards for CFP and a member of the FPSB's Education & Qualifications Board.
- Nick also provides consultancy services to Prudential International Assurance plc's French business, including maintenance of the French website, complaints resolution and production of regular investment bulletins.
- Technical and marketing consultant for Adviser Advocate.
- Reviewing and authoring training material for Wizard Learning.
- Authoring website pages for The Pensions Advisory Service.
- Retained consultant for Technical Connection.
- Member of Distribution Technology's Financial Planning Advisory Board.
- Member of the Society of Later Life Advisers' (SOLLA) Accreditation Panel.
- Retained consultant for AMLP Financial Planning Limited.
- Review of processes and drafting financial planning report templates for Blevins Franks Financial Management Limited.
- Retained consultant for Katalyst Paraplanning.
- Reviewing and drafting Professional Refresher Modules for the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (CISI).
- Associate with PA Consulting Group.
- Bespoke tax and technical training for The Paraplanners.
- Software design, specification and testing for Finimize.
- Software design, specification and testing for Sherpa Insurance.
- Retained consultant for the Lifetime Group.
- Nick also undertakes a variety of ad-hoc assignnments for a number of different clients, including forensic reporting and the provision of complex calculations.